We'd like to hear from you!
Email us at

dallen.ricks@marquette.edu
or
thericksfam@gmail.com

08 September 2009

Dr. Ricks?????

Dallen had his white coat ceremony last week. It was really cool. They walk across the stage and get presented with their coats and then repeated a dentistry oath (like the hypocratic oath). Dallen thinks that now I have to call him Dr., I told him yeah right ;-) There are 8 LDS guys in his class and we have done a few things with them and their wives (2 are single ). They are a lot of fun. Out of his class of 80 there are only 5 children and we have 3 of them and 2 other students have 1 each.





7 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Oh, Christin! Reading your blog makes me miss you so much! I actually sitting here crying . . . what a boob I am. I'm so glad that you're doing great and it's so wonderful to see Dallen in his white coat!!! This has been a long time coming and I'm so excited for you all! I think I just need to find a cheap plane ticket to come visit! :)

Anonymous said...

i am glad to hear that you are alive and well. :) Sounds like things are really going great and i couldn't be happier for you guys. Still, i will miss you terribly at bunco and book group, they just won't be the same without you. Where will you ever find cooler friends than us????? ha. good luck with everything, you guys deserve the best!

p.s. if you have to call dallen 'dr.' what does that make you? mrs. dr. ricks? you had better figure that one out before christmas cards go out... :)

Sarah d' said...

Well, Dallen is all grown up and wearing a white coat! I think he needs to give you a Burberry coat ceremony so that you can manage the upcoming winter in style!
I saw the first Lawrence Welk skit on SNL and I DIED LAUGHING. . . of course thinking of you the whole time! I saw a cat on the side of the road, and I took it home, and I . . . you know the rest!!! I miss your laugh and your perspective and. . . YOU!!!

Rachel Ure said...

oh the white coat. i fireked out a little when derid first started wearing his. i think derids scrubs are less intimidating and feel a little less like a halloween costume ( back to the whole " my husband can't be a DOCTOR" thing...)

Neika Boulter said...

oh how cool! CONGRATULATIONS DR RICKS!!

leslie mae said...

AWESOME!!! Congrats guys! You're almost there!!!

Erin Fanello said...

What a neat experience! I think adam hoped I would treat him a little more respectfully once he was a certified CPA but he has since been disappointed...in fact its almost the opposite because its so funny to tease him about him and his nerdy accountant friends! I am so glad there are so couples in the program you can hang out with, that will make such a difference because you can all stick together when it gets busy! That's been a major plus for Kristi and Derek living so far away! Hope you are doing well, you family is so cute, take care:)